My commitment to accessibility
I work to ensure my website is accessible as possible for all users.
The following statement sets out my commitment, my site’s current accessibility levels, and known issues that I am working on.
If you encounter difficulties using this site, please get in touch.
Measures to support accessibility
Tanya Hollis Writes takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Tanya Hollis Writes:
- Include accessibility as part of my mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout my internal policies.
- Provide continual accessibility training.
- Set clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities.
It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
Tanya Hollis Writes is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA.
Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
I welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Tanya Hollis Writes. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Tanya Hollis Writes:
I aim to respond to feedback within two business days.
Accessibility of Tanya Hollis Writes relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite my best efforts to ensure accessibility of Tanya Hollis Writes, there may be some limitations.
Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact me if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Tanya Hollis Writes:
- Form fields: Form fields are not consistently labelled. This is because default settings in some website editor modules do not offer immediate accessibility options. Where these issues arise, I will attempt to fix them with additional code.
- Zooming and scaling: Settings do not allow users to zoom and scale content. This is because default settings in some website editor modules do not offer immediate accessibility options. Where these issues arise, I will attempt to fix them with additional code.
Accessibility of Tanya Hollis Writes was assessed through self and external evaluation.
This was done through the following approaches:
- Website accessibility audit conducted by an external web developer who was not involved in the design and development process.
- Ongoing self-assessments are made using tools including the WAVE Evaluation Tool and the Accessibility Checker WordPress plugin by Equalize Digital.
This statement was created on 16 May 2023 with help of the the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.